Sunday, February 24, 2008

An unexpected twist...












I returned from maternity leave on Jan. 7th to learn that I was set for trial on Feb. 4th in Texarkana, for 2 weeks. It was NOT what we had planned (esp. as it is during Andrew's busy season!) But, as trial experience is rather hard to come by, I knew I needed to take it. Thankfully our moms came to the rescue! My mom came down to stay with Linc for 2 weeks (pretrial and 1st week) and Andrew's mom came down to stay with him for the last week of trial. Thankfully, I got to fly home for about 24 hours on the weekend in between and see everyone. All in all, I'm thankful for the experience (and the jury saw things our way and we won, which was satisfying) but it was very tough to be away from Linc for that long. (although I've jokingly told Andrew that I've never worked that much, or that hard, in my life - so that was a helpful distraction.)
Here are some pictures of Linc's "adventures with his grandmothers" - I think they all had a great time getting some one on one time with him. It also worked out well that Barrett and Tiffany moved into their house over the time that my mom and dad came down. Everyone got to help with the move and getting the house ready - and we love the fact that they are only 5 minutes away now!

No comments: